So today I am going to write about things that are happening in the world and in my world.
Reason for this sudden inspiration was me (again) reading my old diary and the lack of general information that was going on, the stuff that you find interesting in the years to come.
I don’t want to just write about feelings, I want to write down actual memories which will give me “oh I remember that” moments in the future.
So let’s start with the world.
Israel and Hamas are killing each other. I could have written the same sentence 10 years ago, so nothing new there. There has been some ceasefires but who knows when and how it all will end.
Things are getting bad in Irak again because some militant groups are trying to take over the country – or that is at least what the news tell us.
One of my favorite actors of all time, Robin Williams has died. He committed a suicide couple of days ago (very sad and I will miss his movies). It is actually kind of bizarre that one of his movies (night at the museum 3) has yet to come to the movie theaters (I think it is due in Oct).
Game of Thrones had its 4th season and is on break now. We are all waiting with anticipation whether the next book will come out before 5th season begins (probably not). The show, me and James are currently following, is Under the dome (by Stephen King and Stephen Spielberg, it’s ok)
A bit closer to home next.
Katja and Tommi (my sister and brother in law) have been married now for a year. My sister took Tommi on a surprise trip to Copenhagen to celebrate their 1st year anniversary.
We have lived back in London for a bit over a month now and we both actually miss Switzerland dearly and can’t wait to go back there. In fact we are going on a holiday to Schaffhausen for a long weekend in two weeks. My best friends Clara and Julie both live in Switzerland (which reminds me that I have to buy them some presents).
Currently both me and James are taking the train to work at 8:21, which considering is actually not bad as we live in London...
My work is a bit easy. Today I only checked German and Sweden payrolls and sent them back as there were mistakes. I did this in the morning. Now I have been sitting here surfing the web the rest of the time.
I had lunch from Itsu, coconut chicken soup, was yummy. On my way back to office I was naughty and bought donuts, I have eaten 2!
The weather has been quite cold considering it is August. It was raining this morning and it definitely is not warm enough for any dresses - shame.
I bought a cross trainer (better use it and not just use it as clothes horse). I am hoping that because it will be in the middle of our living room, it might work as a constant reminder that I should get fitter. Not because of looks but because I am really unfit (again).
I booked James and me flights to Japan!!! (We will go in April for 10 days)
James is learning to drive and hopefully in 2 months we will have a car.
AND that's about it :D
Happy life!
James is learning to drive and hopefully in 2 months we will have a car.
AND that's about it :D
Happy life!
No comments:
Post a Comment