I bought myself watercolors.
I haven’t painted with watercolors since I was 16 so I also
bought a book called “watercolor painting for beginners”.
I used to be a great artist when I was younger… it is one
thing I can truly say I was good at. I am still good at drawing and I have a
lot of interesting ideas, so this makes me think that I would make a great
artist.
I also really LIKE drawing and painting. The idea that I
have so much clean paper, paints and pens home waiting for me is filling me
with excitement, I simply can’t wait to see what I can create.
Lately I have been really good for myself. I have realized
how important I am so I am giving more time for myself.
I am having my hair done tomorrow and I am trying to get my
nails done today.
I bought a cross trainer about a month ago but only recently
I have started to use it. I am also doing weights to make myself a bit stronger…
I am tired of always struggling with bags and anything that is even slightly
heavy. And stretch – I have started to stretch, which really is so important. I
want to be more flexible and in general feel more agile. I hate how clumsy I
have become.
I also should lose some weight, I don’t like that my tummy
has become so big that it is actually in the way when I do my shoes etc. I HAVE
TO get rid of it but it doesn’t make things easy that there are biscuits etc
always in the office, it is very difficult to avoid them. I am really hoping my
new exercising regime will burn those extra calories though.
I also have started to make sure that when I leave the house
I feel happy with the way I look. I have started to always have earrings and
necklace of some kind, I have bought myself some new jewelry for this reason.
I also bought some body shaping underwear yesterday. They
are actually very comfortable! They will keep my bits in control while I work
on getting rid of the extra layers.
It is actually funny how I had forgotten the importance of
feeling good about myself. I used to think it was vain and people (and myself) should
accept me as I am. Which of course is true to a certain point but … I am a
woman. Women tend to live in a bit of a different world than men. We dye our
hair, we do our make up, we wear jewelry and this all creates a combination of
a beautiful human being. Of course there are those people who wake up looking
like million dollars, but most of us aren’t like that. I have accepted the fact
that I have two eyes that aren’t the same shape, I have bags under my eyes even
if I am not tired (something to do with the veins being too close to surface
apparently), I have uneven color tone on my skin, I am a bit overweight and so
on… So for me to actually feel good about myself I need to put in a bit of
effort.
But back to the watercolors, I am actually going to see how
well I can still paint. If I do well, I will start uploading them here.
No comments:
Post a Comment