I went swimming yesterday.
I really like swimming and every time I go I am reminded by
it – which makes me think that I need to do it more.
It is probably the only exercise I truly enjoy. I am a
really bad swimmer though… I can’t go very fast, I can float though.
So I think I will make it my new plan to go swimming once or
twice a week. Even if it is just going to the sauna.
I also like swimming because it is one of those things that
you don’t have to worry about how you look like. Not that I normally do anyway
but when you go to the gym or even jogging, there are always people who judge
you – in swimming pool … well besides some older guys who keep checking you out…
you can really be yourself (well at least that’s how it works for me, I know
some people can get very shy in a swimming costume).
I have done some stupid things lately, but something good is
coming out of it too.
I feel that I have been kicked out of my cocoon again which
is brilliant. I have a bad habit of getting lazy when I am around lazy people
and when I cut that routine I really start to enjoy things a lot more.
Like, I think it is awesome to do things that make you feel
a bit intimidated.
Things that you have never done before and you know you are
going to suck at to begin with. I see it this way, if I suck at something, it
is better than not sucking and not doing anything at all because if I suck long
enough I will eventually stop sucking. And even if I suck now, I still do 100%
better than people who never even give it a try. This goes to everything really
(So let’s start sucking people!)
So on that note I will write about my plans on getting a
scooter.
I signed up today for a CBT course – it basically gives you
a certificate that you can drive a scooter with L plates on the roads for two
years. I will probably do the full license at some point but for now a little
scooter is exactly what I want.
It will cut my commute time AND cost a lot, let alone give
me some space from stuffing myself in a busy tube every morning. No idea why I
never thought about this before.
SO on Saturday morning at 6 am I will be leaving the house
to go to Tottenham to have my day crash course to get my certificate… and then
hopefully on Sunday I can get me a scooter (if I can find a decent one
somewhere). Only thing I wonder is that why on earth does the course start so
damn early…
I am not going to start my commuting immediately, I think I
will first stick to the roads around my house. When I get a bit more confident,
I am going to see how far in central London I dare to go. I wonder if you can
have a GPS on a scooter… (yes you can, I just checked).
I really can’t wait because this will make my life so much
easier. I mean, yes in London you can get to most places with public
transportation but it can be a bit longwinded and uncomfortable. Like for
example, for me to get to Enfield cinema from where I live, I first have to
take a bus to Turnpike lane and then another bus to the cinema, this whole trip
takes like an hour. With a scooter, this would take less than 20 mins.
Same with my work, it takes me exactly an hour to go to work
every morning. With a scooter this trip (according to google maps) takes 25
mins (add parking time though).
The good thing is that you don’t pay congestion charge and
very often you can find a free parking.
Let’s hope in couple of months I am still alive :P I did
read that the most fatalities in traffic come from motorcyclists…
On emotional side…
I feel like I am on a bit of a rollercoaster at the moment.
I have days when I am super happy and inspired (like today)
when I feel that there is nothing in the world that could stop me from
achieving everything I ever wanted. Then there are those days where I dwell in
my own self pity and desperately try to find a distraction. ANYTHING.
I had one of those days on Saturday. I wanted to go out but
I had no where to go or no one to hang out with. It was pure torture. I felt
that I needed to somehow distract my mind but I couldn’t find anything to put
my mind into. Those are the days I miss my Swiss girls the most, I wish I could
import them here.
BUT, lets enjoy the days when we are happy and not dwell too
much in the negative, after all we are here only once (as far we know) so there
is absolutely zero reasons why you should hold on to the bad stuff.
And yes – it is raining again on my lunch break… grr.
No comments:
Post a Comment